Whether you delete something on purpose or by accident from your system, the recycle bin will always be there for you to restore the deleted files. You can get the data you want in just one click. The plugin we developed is called “Recycle Bin Premium” which works on SugarCRM. In this article, we will provide you with a holistic view of the recycle bin and show you the capabilities of our SugarCRM extension.
What is a Recycle Bin and how does it work?
Usually when you hear the word “Recycle Bin”, an image including a trash can icon at the corner of the computer screen forms. The function of this virtual can is to keep the deleted files and folders. Let’s see how this works, whenever you delete a file or folder from your computer or application, it does not disappear entirely. Generally, the file first goes to the recycle bin, and then you need to permanently delete it from there. In case you deleted a record by accident then you can easily restore it from there. In short, a recycle bin provides you with an extra layer of secure storage from where you can retrieve the data. You can think of it as a precautionary measure, which can overturn your mistake by restoring data to its original state.
In CRM software, a company keeps all of its vital information related to customers, leads, contacts, etc. It is quite necessary to have a feature like a recycle bin. Because it will save you from accidental data loss which is a common case in many firms. Let’s take SugarCRM for example, it has all advanced crm reporting features, forecasting, automation but it lacks a recycle bin. Therefore, Outright Store has developed a Premium Recycle Bin plugin that will provide you the flexibility to work and take care if something went south. Below we have mentioned features of this extension, make sure to check them out personally by having a 3-days free-of-cost trial.
Features of SugarCRM Recycle Bin “Premium” Plugin
As we all know the basic functionality of a recycle bin is to restore a deleted file to its original state and location. But we have taken this to another level by adding some other advanced features. Let’s have a look at them one-by-one.
- Restore the deleted files/records in bulk or Mass restoration: If you have accidentally deleted a bunch of records together then using our plugin you can restore all of them together in just one click. Whether records belong to the custom modules or core modules, they will be restored to their original location.
- Restore Data that was deleted before the plugin installation: What if you want to restore data or records that were deleted when the recycle bin was not installed on your system. Don’t worry, our extension can restore them too. It doesn’t matter if when the plugin was installed, your data will be restored to the original state.
- Restore records based on their module type or Filter based restoration: Suppose, you deleted records from the leads, contacts, and accounts module. Later, you realized that only accounts and contacts were supposed to be deleted, not leads. In this case, you can go to the recycle bin and filter all leads module records. After that, you can restore leads in bulk. It will save a lot of time and effort.
- Restore records and their relationships: Premium extension is capable of restoring the relationships between modules too. This is quite common to establish relationships between modules, therefore, we have included this feature as well.
- Restore attached activities to original form: In CRM, activities like calls, meetings, emails, notes, tasks, and history are automatically attached to the corresponding records. The recycle bin premium plugin is capable of restoring all such activities.
The cost of the plugin is $249 USD, which is a one-time payment that you need to pay. We recommend you to have a 3-days trial before making a purchase, in this way, you will become familiar with the product functionalities too.