QuickBooks is a fine accounting tool used by various small to midsize business owners to follow up with their bookkeeping needs on a digital platform. The software interface is designed so even a non-accounting user could use most of its features with ease. However, errors like QuickBooks has stopped working often derail the scheduled agendas of the users and leave them helpless. Follow the blog till the end to find out its solutions.
Why is QuickBooks not responding when opening a company file?
Many users complain about a specific issue indicating that when they’re opening QuickBooks, it’s stopping working. Their device also starts to freeze and perform very slowly. There are numerous reasons why that could occur. Let’s see them below.
Causes behind QuickBooks has stopped working in Windows 7
1. The name of the company file is too big or consists of special characters.
2. The QBWUSER.INI file is corrupted or damaged.
3. There is some problem with the hard drive of the system.
4. Some of the important QB files are corrupted.
5. There is some problem with Windows OS.
What are the solutions for the QuickBooks web connector that has stopped working?
Below are mentioned some of the prominent resolving techniques for the QuickBooks has stopped working error.
1. Download and install the QB Tool hub on your system and run it.
2. Click on the Company File issues and select the QuickBooks File Doctor tool.
3. Choose your company file and follow the steps in the wizard.
4. The tool may take 20 minutes to finish the scan.
5. After the scan is done, restart your system.
1. Close QuickBooks and press Windows+E on your keyboard.
2. As soon as the My Computer window opens, click on the search bar.
3. Enter .qbw in the bar and press enter.
4. Right-click on the file shown in the result and select Copy.
5. Hover to the C: Drive and create a new folder.
6. Name the folder as QBTEST and open it.
7. Paste the copied file here and open QuickBooks by holding the CTRL-key.
8. Click on Open or Restore an Existing Company and browse to the newly created folder.
9. Run the company file from there.
In the end, we would like to conclude our blog on various methods to remove the QuickBooks has stooped working error. We hope the content written above is easy to understand and proves helpful to you. However, if that’s not the case, call on 1.800.579.0391 anytime and get immediate assistance on it.